Saturday, September 7, 2013

My Make-Up Fascination


My love for make-up didn't start until a year ago. I am turning 28 in a few days and it's funny in a way because I found my ultimate hobby at such an age. Whenever I feel down, I just go to my stack of make-up, hold a mascara or an eyeshadow pallet and I feel calm and happy.
  
I only had a handful of make-up back when I was working. Just 1 eyeshadow quad from Body Shop, a lip gloss, and mascara. Oh! Let's not forget a really scratchy blending brush, which back then was perfectly fine for me. I even thought at that time that it was a waste of money to buy those. HAH! If I could go back and tell myself "Think again!"

It all started with a simple make-up tutorial in Youtube. I saw an officemate watching it and I was mesmerized at the way the foundation was applied, the eyeshadow blended, the mascara wand was wiggled and how pretty the lipstick and blush were. 



And then the fascination grew. The more videos I watched, the more I wanted to try the techniques. I was so mesmerized by it all that I started to buy make-up. It was an amazing adventure for me. Learning how to blend was my favorite. Just looking at the colors and the packaging was intoxicating for me... yep, like I were high in drugs. :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment